You can tell that we have been gushing w our Porsche GT3 work projects, and the fun that the GT3 car is. But, part of the fun of any car, is not only enjoying the fun of driving, but getting the full sensual experience (and you know that BRR loves a great exhaust sound). With the GT3, more can be added to that experience with the upgrade to the rear exhaust system. And, there are some special tweaks that can be done to go even beyond…more on that later.
There have not been a lot of truly great options out there for the exhaust though. But, now, GMG has come out with a truly great solution. Here is the newest addition to the GMG exhaust solution family, the
– GMG GT3 World Challenge Ti Sport Center Section
GMG introduces its WC (World Challenge) Sport Center Section in TITANIUM for 2007+ 997GT3 and 997GT3 RS owners.
A proven design with hundreds sold, GMG introduces the next evolution of our World Challenge Sport Center section in hand crafted Titanium.
Designed and tested on GMG’s 997 GT3, this system is a direct bolt on replacement center section which reduces weight, improves sound and offers a mild increase in performance. Porsche has done a wonderful job with the design and manufacture of the factory system with virtually no improvement to be made by installing a complete (mufflers, headers and cats) aftermarket system. GMG’s WC Sport Center Section is 100% emissions legal, will not void factory warranty and is a direct bolt on replacement center section with dual 3.5 stainless tips (factory offers dual 3″). The system is made of Titanium welded and features a proprietary megaphone design to improve sound in the upper RPM range. The GMG WC system saves over 20 lbs of weight over the stock, power is up 3-5 hp on average and now the sound is finally worthy of this magnificent engine. GMG was the first company to pioneer this sport center section design. Also available as a power kit with GIAC custom tuned software for an increase of up to (real world) 15hp and 20lb ft of torque (fuel dependant). Inquire for special Power Kit pricing. ECU must be sent into GMG for flashing,. ECU’s will be sent back same day via Fed Ex minimizing down time.
Key features of the GMG WC Titanium Sport Center Section:
- Made of Titanium and weighs in at 2.9 lbs!
- 100% emissions legal, will not void warranty – Direct bolt on replacement, no removal of bumper required
- T304 stainless tubing all stainless aerospace grade hardware and clamps
- Proprietary megaphone design- mandrel bent tubing
- Sport button remains fully functional for every day use, absolutely NO modifications necessary
- Offers a deep aggressive exhaust note over the stock system. Hit the Sport button and listen to the beautiful engine noise that the GT3 engine produces
- Factory primary mufflers, catalyst and exhaust flaps are all retained